A NEW holiday kit to make gift giving and receiving easier.
Ideal for a knitter friend you'd like to gift to- contains everything you need to make the hat except knitting needles.
*Two hats can be made with the set if you reverse the colors!
Each kit contains
- FREE digital download code for "Seaworthy" Hat knitting pattern
- 2 skeins of hand dyed DK Weight Merino Superwash
- optional coordinating vegan pom pom
About the Pattern
To Fit Head Circumference: 18 (20, 22)” / 46 (51, 56 cm)
Approximate Finished Circumference: 16 ¾ (19 ¼, 21 ½)” / 42.5 (49, 54.5 cm)
Finished Length when worn: 9 ¼ (9 ½, 9 ¾)” / 24 (24.5, 25) cm
Shown in Size 20”
20 sts, 28 rows = 4” (10 cm) in st st in the round on US Size 7 (4.5mm) knitting needle after blocking.
20 sts, 25 rows = 4” (10 cm) in colorwork in the round on US Size 7 (4.5mm) knitting needle after blocking.
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge
The knitter will also need (and not included in the kit)
- US Size 5 (3.75mm) and 7 (4.5mm): 16” (40 cm) or 24” (60 cm) circular needle
- US Size 7 (4.5mm) set of double pointed needles (DPNs)
- 7 (8, 9) stitch markers (6 (7, 8) in one color + 1 in a different color)
- Pom Pom (our Pom is 6” (15.5 cm) in diameter)
About the Yarn
100% Superwash Merino, 231 yards / 100 Grams each
Seriously soft 4 ply washable merino. Ideal for items close to the skin.
Hand dyed by me in the YSA
About the Pom Pom
Each vegan pom pom is made by hand from incredibly soft, light grey/silver faux fur with hints of black at the tips of the fur. Poms measure approximately 6 inches in diameter. Each pom contains two black 6 inch strings that allow it to be secured to any material with a tapestry needle. Handmade with care in a smoke-free and pet-free home.
If the pom ever needs to be fluffed up, it can easily be blown out with a blow dryer. Please do not submerge the pom in water while washing fabric it's attached to.